I’ve been brainstorming what I’d like to do with this space now that I have it, and one thing that came to me is to offer a some-what regular list of writerly and editorly things that you might find of interest. I’m not going to go as far as to say it’ll appear every Friday (let’s not get too ambitious), but I’ll strive to make it as regular as it can be. So without further ado, some Little Writerly Things.
- An interesting peak into the rooms of a handful of writers, via NYTimes Magazine.
- This fun article by Grantland, in which the staff lists what they would purchase for $20 (in leu of the recently launched music and “curated editorial” website Tidal). Staffer Katie Baker gets the gold star.
- This post by Grammarly on tricks to improving your proofreading.
- Author Julianna Baggott’s blog post about accidentally meeting a person of note. I love Julianna’s blog and writing, and I could pretty much link to every post she does, but you get just one instead, because that’s how things are done.
- A post by Jami Gold on dealing with slow progress (via my awesome editing friend and critique partner Carmen Erickson).